Thursday, October 11, 2012

First Ultrasound at 8 weeks 2 days

The big news of the day is (according to the transvaginal ultrasound): baby is in the uterus! And not implanted some other place that it shouldn't be.

And from the looks of it, So Far So Good. Heartbeat is 174 beats per minute, the size from head to rump is normal.

There's also a cyst on my right ovary, which I was told is normal in early pregnancy as this is likely the Corpus Luteal Cyst that produces pregnancy hormones and feeds baby in the first trimester. It should disappear by itself soon.

And I'm 8 weeks 2 days. Not 7 weeks 4 days like I thought hehe.

Kidneys?
Good! I think. The urinanalysis showed negative proteinuria. The protein levels were 4 mg/dl, and random creatinine was 26 mg/dl. I think that's good, but will wait to see if the doctor agrees.

Baby is in the gestational sac (black area). Head is left, rump is right. The dark area within the head is the forming neural cavity (brain).

No comments:

Post a Comment