Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Keeping Pregnancy News Secret: EPIC FAIL?

The other evening, Koo Koo inadvertently, most publicly, and quite prematurely announced my 'bun in the oven' to the entire Lim clan and all my Malaysian side of the family.

For this we can thank Steve Jobs and the Power of the iPhone.

Koo Koo had started a family iMessage chat talking about pumpkins. At the same time, I was messaging her directly too.

Before you know it, a message popped out on the family iMessage that I knew was meant only for me...

'Go eat! I won't talk about the bun in your oven'. 

Uh. Oh.

I quickly figured out that editing and deleting that particular message from my phone did not delete it from others' phones.

Damage Control Strategy
In full damage control mode, I strategized with Koo Koo to flood the family iMessage with a bunch of chatty messages so the baby announcement would get lost in the deluge.

Koo Koo recovered magnificently. She outdid herself posting photos of her baked creations. I posted about baking pastries, pies, pizzas and... buns... in my oven. She talked about bulk baking and bulk food making and utilizing freezer space.

We wrapped up the deluge discussing the merits of our freezers and how many deer I could fit in mine.

Success?
So far so good. Only Jessica noticed the snafu, but after reading our strategically placed deluge, even she believed that Koo Koo literally meant a bun in an oven. Besides, Jessica already knows hehe. So it's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment