Friday, October 5, 2012

No Morning Sickness: Should I be Worried?

Morning sickness should start around the first month of pregnancy, or as late as the 6th week. It is supposed to peak in the 8th to 9th week and end around week 16.

I'm about 7 weeks pregnant and wondering when the Morning Sickness is going to hit me and turn me into a pukie-monster.

Aside from very mild nausea when I let my tummy go empty and when I go on long car rides, I have seen no signs of the puke fest I was mentally preparing myself for.

Celebrate or Worry?
At first I was happy at the prospect that I wouldn't be vomiting my guts out. Then, being the worry wart that I am, I started to wonder if something was wrong.

Apparently, morning sickness is Good. If you are 'blessed' with morning sickness:


Pregnancy Hormones bring on the Puke
According to the Mayo Clinic, the climb in pregnancy hormones (human chorionic gonadotropin or HCG) is related to the onset of nausea. This is normal and apparently needed for a healthy pregnancy.

Levels of HCG are highest in the morning. Combined with the empty stomach in the morning, this usually results in morning sickness.

I definitely feel it more in the morning, but again, it is mild. I am able to swallow and hold down my supplements as usual, with a full glass of water. Then when I take my breakfast 15 minutes later, I feel totally normal.

I never thought I'd say this but... I really wish for Full On Morning Sickness. 

Let's see what Week 8 and 9 will bring.  :p

No comments:

Post a Comment